About The Role
Founded in June 2006 as a center for advanced space systems, Rocket Lab’s goal is to remove the commercial barriers to space. In support of this, Rocket Lab is developing the Electron orbital launch vehicle. Electron is a small launch vehicle capable of lifting a 150 kg payload to a 500 km sun-synchronous orbit.
Rocket Lab is rapidly scaling in size to meet the high demand from customers. The company is expanding globally and is currently growing the team based at Rocket Lab’s Los Angeles Headquarters. Rocket Lab believes in giving highly-skilled engineers ownership of complex aerospace programs from start to finish, creating a workforce of empowered and motivated individuals utilizing cutting-edge technologies to redefining how the world accesses space.
About the Role
As a Material Planner at Rocket Lab you will be responsible for establishing component need dates and maintaining accurate supplier lead times to ensure parts arrive on time. You will be required to work with both design and manufacturing engineering to ensure the correct component revisions are being ordered and produced in the factory. You will also be required to update and manage this information in our MRP and ERP systems. Additionally, you’ll be responsible for reporting key metrics on material planning health on a frequent basis.
Manufacturing parts and assemblies to the specification, quality and schedule is key in the aerospace business. We are looking for thinkers and doers to work in a very dynamic, fast pace environment, you will be challenged daily and to succeed you will need to be able to learn quickly and utilize your own initiative while working under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- 3+ years experience in a material planning position in relevant industry (preferably aerospace)
- Thorough understanding of minimum stock, reorder points, lead time, and how they’re all related in Kanban inventory systems
- Extensive experience working with MRP and ERP systems and managing the Bill of Materials using that software
- Excellent computer skills using MS Office products, notably Excel and Power Point
- Proactive, enthusiastic, self-motivated and able to work productively without direct supervision
- Experience working under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Highly organised with faultless attention to detail
- Proven communication skills and the ability to build strong working relationships
- 5+ years material planning experience in aerospace industry
- Experience setting up inventory systems and establishing processes to support them
- Experience creating Kanban systems and establishing processes to support them
- Six sigma or related certifications and training
- Data analysis skills using Excel, SQL, and Tableau
- Experience owning Key Performance Indicators
To conform to US Government space technology export regulations, applicants must be a US citizen, lawful permanent resident of the US, protected individual as defined by 8 USC 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorization from the US Department of State.
Rocket Lab USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer, employment with Rocket Lab USA is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
For security reasons background checks will be undertaken prior to any employment offers being made to an applicant. These checks will include nationality checks as it is a requirement of this position that you be eligible to access equipment and data regulated by the United States’ International Traffic in Arms Regulations. Under these Regulations, you may be ineligible for this role if you do not hold citizenship of Australia, Japan, New Zealand, Switzerland, the European Union or a country that is part of NATO, or if you hold ineligible dual citizenship or nationality. For more information on these Regulations, click here.