About The Role
As Launch Engineer – Mechanical you will be one of the select few that support launch operations at the most exciting place to be during launch – LC-1, this truly is a key engineering role, pivotal to enabling Rocket Lab’s launch capability and frequency.
Minimum requirement for Launch Engineer – Mechanical
- Bachelor’s degree in Aerospace, mechanical or mechatronics or equivalent qualification
- 2+ years’ experience in engineering design, test and/or operations
- Experience with CAD systems preferably SolidWorks
- Experience in the design and fabrication processes for large steel structures and assemblies
- Strong understanding of pressure, temperature and flow measurement instrumentation
- Ability to read, understand and follow detailed schematics, drawings and instructions
- Excellent communications skills both verbal and written
- Careful work ethic with an eye for detail
- Ability to work under pressure and to strict deadlines
- Ability to work at heights and in confined spaces
- A careful and tidy work ethic
For security reasons background checks will be undertaken prior to any employment offers being made to an applicant. These checks will include nationality checks as it is a requirement of this position that you be eligible to access equipment and data regulated by the United States’ International Traffic in Arms Regulations. Under these Regulations, you may be ineligible for this role if you do not hold citizenship of Australia, Japan, New Zealand, Switzerland, the European Union or a country that is part of NATO, or if you hold ineligible dual citizenship or nationality. For more information on these Regulations, click here.