About The Role
In this role at Rocket Lab you will take responsibility for electrical installations and maintenance work, instrument and controls engineering upgrades and maintenance at Rocket Lab’s test facilities.
- The Auckland Test Cell for the Rutherford and Curie testing
- The Stack Test Site for the stage stack testing (1hr drive from Auckland)
What you will need to bring to the role
- 5+ years’ experience in an industrial electrical role
- Applied knowledge of process control systems
- A full NZ Electrical License (EWRB)
- Good Fault finding and troubleshooting experience on PLC Control machinery
- A good understanding of I/O sensors and VSD motors
- Previous experience with Ethernet troubleshooting and Maintenance/Install of IP based equipment
- The ability to work autonomously whilst also being an effective team player
- A hands-on attitude, strong problem solving skills and the ability to work to tight deadlines
- Previous experience working with Solidworks-Electrical or other Electrical CAD packages
- A Electrical/Mechatronics/Automation Engineering or similar relevant degree would be preferred but isn’t essential
For security reasons background checks will be undertaken prior to any employment offers being made to an applicant. These checks will include nationality checks as it is a requirement of this position that you be eligible to access equipment and data regulated by the United States’ International Traffic in Arms Regulations. Under these Regulations, you may be ineligible for this role if you do not hold citizenship of Australia, Japan, New Zealand, Switzerland, the European Union or a country that is part of NATO, or if you hold ineligible dual citizenship or nationality. For more information on these Regulations, click here.