About The Role
This is a one-of-a-kind opportunity for an experienced finance administration professional to join the finance team at Rocket Lab, a Kiwi start-up that has gained significant recognition across the globe.
Working closely with the Finance Operations team, the Director of Finance and the wider finance team, your attention detail, strong organisation skills and commitment to deadlines will see you well placed to establish and support Rocket Lab’s finance operations. You will take ownership for the finance operations function in New Zealand and the United States, and work closely with the business to ensure they are adequately supported across all purchasing, payment, billing and payroll requirements, including ensuring adherence to internal policies and controls.
- Developing strong relationships across Rocket Lab’s suppliers, customers and employees
- Developing and motivating a highly engaged team
- End to end accounts payable processing for Rocket Lab’s global operations
- Administrating and processing payroll for Rocket Lab’s global operations
- Processing of billing and credit collection
- Ensure that effective internal controls are in place and ensure compliance with all NZ regulations as well as GAAP and applicable federal, state and local regulatory laws in the US
- 5+ years experience in a high volume invoicing environment
- Experience with ERP systems as they relate to purchasing and payments
- Experience with payroll administration and processing
- Ideally manufacturing industry experience.
- Experience and good working knowledge of both employer and taxation requirements as they relate to supplier and customer payments
- Excellent time management and the ability to work to deadlines within a high-pressure environment
- Leadership skills or the desire and potential to lead a team
- Proven communication skills and the ability to build strong working relationships across the organisation
For security reasons background checks will be undertaken prior to any employment offers being made to an applicant. These checks will include nationality checks as it is a requirement of this position that you be eligible to access equipment and data regulated by the United States’ International Traffic in Arms Regulations. Under these Regulations, you may be ineligible for this role if you do not hold citizenship of Australia, Japan, New Zealand, Switzerland, the European Union or a country that is part of NATO, or if you hold ineligible dual citizenship or nationality. For more information on these Regulations, click here.