About The Role
We need your expertise in complex composite construction together with your ability to produce top quality work with an exceptional eye for detail.
We are thinkers and we are doers. You will be working in a very dynamic, fast pace environment of makers and problem-solvers. So each of your ideas are very quickly put to the test and integrated on-board of the vehicle.
- Build and assemble to the highest accuracy, composite components for spaceflight application
- Plug, mould and pattern construction
- Fitting of composite components
- Work within project timeframes
- Able to maintain accurate record keeping of a job during lamination
- Keep workspace clean and tidy to maintain the integrity of the part being built for spaceflight application - it is vital that the work area is tidy at all times.
- Please Note: Overtime will be required on occasion to achieve deadlines
- Qualified composite technician or proven industry experience
- Proactive, enthusiastic, creative and open to learning
- Take pride in delivering work to the highest standard
- A problem solver with a proactive, enthusiastic, creative and open approach to learning.
- Capable of working as part of a team as well as autonomously
- The ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Heavy emphasis on achievement and details – getting things done efficiently, effectively and to the highest quality standards.
- The ability to take a flexible approach and to adapt to change quickly
- Have tenacity, a can do attitude and the ability to think quickly and make accurate judgements.
- A passion for building composite materials for space flight application
For security reasons background checks will be undertaken prior to any employment offers being made to an applicant. These checks will include nationality checks as it is a requirement of this position that you be eligible to access equipment and data regulated by the United States’ International Traffic in Arms Regulations. Under these Regulations, you may be ineligible for this role if you do not hold citizenship of Australia, Japan, New Zealand, Switzerland, the European Union or a country that is part of NATO, or if you hold ineligible dual citizenship or nationality. For more information on these Regulations, click here.