About The Role
In this role, you will work across multiple teams and disciplines to create new test programs from the ground up, and deliver on avionics testing during the prototyping, development, and qualification stages.
To succeed in this role, you will thrive in fast-paced environments, seeking out challenges to provide innovative solutions and drive quality in all parts of testing. Your work will be critical in the development of new launch capability to help redefine how we access space.
- Develop and execute test campaigns for avionics components, including computing modules, RF components, and flight termination components.
- Work with product engineers and external customers to generate and document test requirements, based on system functional requirements.
- Execute and deliver qualification test campaigns, starting from initial requirements through to final delivery.
- Write test procedures and manage procedural redlines and updates during test campaigns.
- Hands-on troubleshooting during component bringup, integrations and operations. Work with component design teams to troubleshoot test failures on the bench and in the field.
- Manage competing test requirements, clearly communicating test plans, strategies, and test outcomes to all parties.
- Support avionics component risk analysis, failure mode effects and criticality analysis (FMECA), design for test, and root-cause analysis of test anomalies.
- Commission and debug test GSE. Train and provide support on the use of automated test equipment. Develop tools and processes for automated testing and reporting of avionics components.
- Review system-level test data from integrated testing, stage testing, and launch.
- Develop project management plans for new testing capabilities, and manage component test campaigns for projects with high technical risk and high strategic importance.
- Bachelor degree or higher in Electronic Engineering or Mechatronics or equivalent qualification
- 5+ Year’s direct experience in electronics test and operations on complex systems in a fast-paced environment
- Direct hands-on experience testing and debugging custom and COTS electronic hardware at a board, assembly, and system level
- Direct hands-on experience generating requirements and delivering complex test campaigns to meet internal and external customer requirements
- Proficiency with electrical and RF test equipment (oscilloscopes, spectrum analysers, data acquisition systems, etc.)
- Knowledge and experience in electronics, signal integrity, layout, and grounding principles
- Experience with verification of safety or mission critical hardware
- Excellent communication skills, especially written communication
- Excellent attention to detail
- Experience in aerospace, military, medical, or similar high reliability industry.
- Experience with Hardware-In-The-Loop testing at an integrated system level.
For security reasons background checks will be undertaken prior to any employment offers being made to an applicant. These checks will include nationality checks as it is a requirement of this position that you be eligible to access equipment and data regulated by the United States’ International Traffic in Arms Regulations. Under these Regulations, you may be ineligible for this role if you do not hold citizenship of Australia, Japan, New Zealand, Switzerland, the European Union or a country that is part of NATO, or if you hold ineligible dual citizenship or nationality. For more information on these Regulations, click here.