About The Role
You’ll be building wiring harnesses and avionics equipment for the Electron Launch Vehicle and installing the wire harnesses, avionics equipment and assisting mechanical assembly. All work will be need to be of the highest standard as you will be working to aviation airworthiness standards.
What we are looking for in an Avionics Fit-Out Technician
- 5+ years’ experience in avionics/electronics
- The ability to read drawings/schematics/technical documents
- Excellent hand skills, handy with crimpers/wire strippers/hand tools
- Extremely high levels of attention to detail and the ability to follow procedures diligently
- The ability to learn quickly and able to work productively without direct supervision
- Experienced working under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- A strong understanding of tool control and the dangers of FOD
- Proven communication skills and the ability to build strong working relationships
- Experience in manufacturing, automotive or aviation industry
For security reasons background checks will be undertaken prior to any employment offers being made to an applicant. These checks will include nationality checks as it is a requirement of this position that you be eligible to access equipment and data regulated by the United States’ International Traffic in Arms Regulations. Under these Regulations, you may be ineligible for this role if you do not hold citizenship of Australia, Japan, New Zealand, Switzerland, the European Union or a country that is part of NATO, or if you hold ineligible dual citizenship or nationality. For more information on these Regulations, click here.