About The Role
- Provide end-to-end customer service to Rocket Lab’s existing government accounts.
- Expand Rocket Lab’s government launch manifest by developing and refining best practices in close concert with existing customers.
- Effectively market launch services on the Electron Launch Vehicle.
- Represent Rocket Lab at various industry forums.
- Visit customers for specific issues or reviews where appropriate.
- Support the efforts of a passionate, high energy business development and mission management team dedicated to customer service and industry excellence.
- Recognize opportunities and initiate actions to capitalize on them.
- Possess strong analytical and problem-solving skills, as well as excellent attention to detail.
- Be a self-starter with ability to thrive in a fast-paced, innovative environment.
- Positive “get things done” attitude and collaborative spirit.
- Available to work nights and weekends, as needed
- Minimum 20% travel, domestic and international, in support of Rocket Lab’s business development efforts.
- Security clearance or willingness/ability to obtain.
- Ability to work from Rocket Lab’s Huntington Beach Headquarters.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Engineering, or related field
- Customer service experience and orientation.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- General understanding of the aerospace and space markets.
- Minimum of 3 years professional experience in business development, sales, account management, or operations.
- Familiarity with the space industry is highly desirable; prior experience in the launch or satellite industry is a plus.
- U.S. military and/or U.S. government service.
- Familiarity with CRM platforms, such as Salesforce.
To conform to US Government space technology export regulations, applicants must be a US citizen, lawful permanent resident of the US, protected individual as defined by 8 USC 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorization from the US Department of State.
Rocket Lab USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer, employment with Rocket Lab USA is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
For security reasons background checks will be undertaken prior to any employment offers being made to an applicant. These checks will include nationality checks as it is a requirement of this position that you be eligible to access equipment and data regulated by the United States’ International Traffic in Arms Regulations. Under these Regulations, you may be ineligible for this role if you do not hold citizenship of Australia, Japan, New Zealand, Switzerland, the European Union or a country that is part of NATO, or if you hold ineligible dual citizenship or nationality. For more information on these Regulations, click here.